Thursday 23 May 2013

Mark Hearld at the Yorkshire Museum

Earlier this year I fell in love with the beautiful art work of Mark Hearld. I was lucky enough to see an exhibition of his work at YSP in February that was inspired by the park and the animals that live there (see separate, earlier blog post), before seeing some more of his work at the Yorkshire Museum in York in April.

The exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum has now finished, so sadly my post comes too late for anyone reading it to then go and see the exhibit, and for that I apologise. However, I hope you get as much pleasure from viewing the pictures I took of my favourite paintings from the exhibit as I did looking at them in person.

The exhibition featured Mark's illustrations from the book, A First Book of Nature. Mark Hearld lives in the beautiful city of York, but takes his inspiration from the ' flora and fauna of the British countryside'.


 A painting from the Spring section of the book.

 I think this one was from Autumn, judging by the colours and the pumpkin.

 Hmmm this could be Autumn or Winter, what do you think?


 As the painting says, Spring! I love this one.

 Another gorgeous Spring painting.

These are from the Winter section. I think they're fantastic, I'd love to have some on my walls at home.

Mark doesn't appear to have an official website but if you google him he features on numerous websites, including the one below, which details when his studio is open for visitors (ooooh...)

www.yorkopenstudios.co.uk/artist/Mark-Hearld

You can also look on http://www.stjudesprints.co.uk/collections/mark-hearld

No comments:

Post a Comment