Tuesday 26 June 2012

Chatsworth House- Beyond Limits

I'd like to share with you some pictures taken at the Chatsworth House Beyond Limits event over the last few years. These pictures are of my favourite pieces that I've seen there so far and found the most enjoyable and inspiring. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the artists who produced these wonderful pieces (bar a couple) so if any of you do know any of the artists get in touch and let me know who they are and which piece is theirs, thanks!


This baby was fantastic! It was enormous! Chris and I walked right up to it and all around it and we truly could not figure out how it was suspended in the air like that. I mean, obviously the left hand is touching the ground, but it's just so hard to imagine that that tiny base is keeping the whole large thing upright like that?! Magnificent!









 I loved this skinned man by Damien Hirst, the photos do not do it justice- the detailing on it was amazing.


And again with these two unicorns by Hirst- they were stunning! I'd love a piece of Hirst but somehow doubt I could afford one!!!








This lion was made out of car tyres and small car parts- it was so clever and must have taken ages to do. The photo can't convent how good this piece looked.


And finally 2 Juame Plensa's- each from a different year.

I've mentioned the dates of this year's Beyond Limits event before but in case you missed them it will be on between 07.09.12 and 30.10.12. Normal opening times and Garden entry charges apply (plus you have to pay for parking, £3). For full details and information please see www.chatsworth.org and look in the 'events' section. I'm going to try and go in mid/ late October this time as it's definitely getting a bit crowded at Beyond Limits in September!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment