Tuesday 26 June 2012

Holmfirth Art Week 2012

Now that one great art event (Holmfirth Arts Festival) is over I would like to do a big, advert- style post for the next big Holme Valley art event- namely, Holmfirth Art Week!

I know I've mentioned it loooooads before but it really is a very special event, and this year the Fringe scene is huge and set to be very exciting. Plus, the Art Week raises tons of money for Macmillan, so its all for a good cause :)

I've posted all the links below that you need so you can get full details about this fantastic event, which starts this Sunday 01.07.12.

Please do take a look and consider visiting Holmfirth Art Week and having a day out there at the festival, or popping over one evening after work (make a night of it and eat in one of the fabulous restaurants available in Holmfirth). It's a great event for all ages and is family friendly.
This Sunday there's also the annual duck race going on in Holmfirth- so if you take your kids this Sunday they can have fun entering a duck in the race and visiting the fun fare etc that will be in the village (or close by at Sands- it moves around!) as well as seeing lots of fantastic and inspiring art at the Art Week and Fringe venues. Double whammy!

Website- www.holmfirthartweek.org.uk

Twitter- @HolmfirthArtWK

Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/HolmfirthArtweek

The Twitter feed is particularly good!

Below is some of Sarah Bamforth's art work which I've purchased over the years at Holmfirth Art Week. The biggest piece was bought from the main exhibition but the smaller ones can all be bought from the 'shop' at the back of the civic hall and taken home the same day. I've bought loads from that 'shop'!!!! I wonder what I'll pick up this year? Hopefully a couple more Bamforths to add to my collection.







2 comments:

  1. Love Sarah's work. And the prices are so affordable.
    She is a regular at our trash ii treasure Artweek Fringe show at the Methodist Church
    Expect dozens more at JUST
    www.aloadofoldballs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh thanks for the tip! I'll make sure I come by the Methodist Church this Art Week. I love it when people make something new out of discarded items :)And thanks for reading x

    ReplyDelete