Saturday 28 July 2012

View Over Digley Reservoir Pastel Drawing

This is my latest piece of art work. It's a pastel drawing of a view across Digley Reservoir in the Holme Valley. Size= 294x420mm . Medium= Pastel on Cartridge Paper. As this piece would be sold unmounted and unframed it's a bargain at only £20! If you are interested in buying it please contact me via rebecca.greensides@hotmail.co.uk.

I took loads of pictures of Digley when I went walking there recently on a beautiful (and rare!) sunny Sunday afternoon, so I might do a series of pastel drawings of Digley like this.

So, not only would this be the first drawing in a series of 'Digley Views', it is also my first ever pastel drawing (in colour at least, I did a life drawing class when I was a teenager and drew in black pastel then!).

I was inspired to do a pastel drawing of Digley after seeing Judith Tucker's drawings at Malkin House Barn at the Holmfirth Arts Festival in June. I love the countryside surrounding Holmfirth and thought her drawings captured the area beautifully- inspired me to have a go myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment