Thursday 19 July 2012

Wakefield Art Walk 2012

My friend Kevin tweeted about this event the other day and piqued my interest- now I can't wait to go!!!

The Wakefield Art Walk blurb says-

Welcome to the Artwalk

Take a walk on the wild side and experience Wakefield’s alternative night out! Every other month, venues across Wakefield come alive with a variety of visual arts and crafts, live music, and performances. All are welcome, so slip on some comfy shoes and come and enjoy the art on offer whilst you explore our city!

Artwalk Dates 2012

  • Wednesday 25th January
  • Wednesday 28th March
  • Wednesday 30th May
  • Wednesday 25th July
  • Wednesday 26th September
  • Wednesday 28th November
Kevin tweeted that he had been dropping off art work for the Art Walk so I assume he means he's exhibiting in the July art walk. Sadly, I won't be able to attend in July but I'm definitely going to the September one (already agreed the early finish at work!) and can't wait! It sounds like such a fab idea, and I intend to get there early enough to make a second visit to the wonderful Hepworth Gallery (more on that in a future post).

If I, in turn, have now piqued your interest in Wakefield Art Walk have a look at their website at http://artwalk.org.uk and/ or find them on Twitter (@Artwalk_Wake) and Facebook- http://en-gb.facebook.com/artwalk.wakefield.

Don't forget to check out/ like/ share my Facebook page to athttp://www.facebook.com/pages/BekhaG/366488380072426

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment