Friday 18 May 2012

I realise that in my review posts I didn't give much detail as to whose work I particularly enjoyed at Saltaire Art Trail and why I found the Palestinauts so thought provoking.

Artists/ craftsmen from Saltaire Art Trail I really liked-

WEFT Bespoke Design, Clare Caufield, Tasneem Kauser, Nicola Taylor, Emma Wilkinson, Ruth Wightman, Catryn Henderson and Hannah Nunn. All these talented people exhibited beautiful pieces of work and inspired me greatly.

And what thoughts did the Palestinauts provoke in me? That some nations have pursued space travel and some- like the Arab states- have not. Why is this? In previous eras Islamic cultures were at the forefront of all types of learning and advancement, but this does not seem to be the case in the modern world. To much in- fighting and squabbling? With their reserves of oil could they not be ruling the world by now? As so many nations are dependant on buying this from them? Why don't they put their differences- which seem like they'll never be resolved no matter how many civillians die- aside and unite and start becoming a force to be reckoned with? I don't get it..... (sorry if anyone finds that offensive!)

No comments:

Post a Comment