Tuesday 15 May 2012

In tonight's post I'd like to share some of my earlier art work with you.





This is a pencil drawing of my pet rabbit Jethro (actually a female bunny, but hey- I didn't know that when I named her!) done around the time I was 13/ 14. I mainly sketched with pencils or worked with watercolours in my teens. I do love sketching and drawing with pencils, maybe I should take it up again!




This is a much earlier pencil drawing, from my first year at high school, so I was 11 when I did this. Slightly spoilt by that overly big chair on the right!!




I remember doing this one weekend when I was around 14/ 15. I don't know what possessed me to do this picture (in felt tips, in case you hadn't guessed!) but its kinda cool so thought I'd share it.




This is a watercolor of Whitby, as viewed from the graveyard at the top of the infamous steps. Again, I was somewhere between 13/ 15 when I painted this. Whitby was a favourite destination of mine and my dads for a day out. I actual took my easel and watercolors to Whitby to do this from life- dedication :)

This is another pencil drawing from the 13- 15 years old era. Its of Bolton Abbey and I vaguely remember entering it in a Blue Peter competition of some kind! Again, this was drawn from life when my parents and I went there for an afternoon out.




This is a drawing of an ornament my parents had in their pub at the time, The Clothiers Arms, and ended up being the background to a poster advertising our Harvest Festival Pub Quiz one year. I think I was 14 when I drew this.

This is a color pencil drawing of the cover of a book I read as a young teen- John Gordon's 'Gilray's Ghost'. Nice and grisly!

And last but not least, this is my first ever acryllic painting- on normal artists paper- painted in June 2004.



I hope you've enjoyed seeing my older pieces. None of these are particularly up for sale but I am open to offers if there's something someone would especially like to buy. You can contact me via the comments or Twitter (@BekhaG). I will eventually get round to setting up a facebook page to accompany this blog which I can be contacted via also- its on my to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment